Sunday, March 30, 2008

March 15th: Lil' bro's wedding.....tokyo revisited

After back to back SBX events, the next day (March 10th) I packed for a little vacation off to visit Ken and Casey in Nara. Phew! This month has been one of the busiest months of my life. Crazy busy but still a lot of fun. I wanted to travel cheap so I bought Hach-Tokyo shinkansen ticket and then a $40 overnight bus to Nara. I really hate overnight buses though. The cheap ones are so crammed, stuffy, and stinky. I can never get a good night's sleep but saving some money sometimes is worth losing 1 good night of sleep. Especially if you save a few hundred dollars!

This time around, visiting Nara had a special purpose.....Casey was getting married on March 15th!! Casey to me is like a little brother. I've known him since he was about 7 years old. Now he's 25 and getting married. I can't believe how fast time flies and how much life changes. It's always full of surprises. Well, Ken's mom, "Momma Maureen" kindly asked if I could take photos at the wedding. Of course I was more than happy to try my hand at a little wedding photography but noted that I had no real wedding photography experience. She told me there was a packaged "pro photographer" so I didn't have to be the main camera guy. This was a relief because I really didn't want to screw this up.

The wedding was held in Yokohama near the XXXXX station. Of course, I'm a big fan of marriages, but not a huge fan of stereotypical western world Church weddings....especially in Japan. I think the traditional Japanese wedding is a lot more rich in culture and contains more historical relevance to Japanese people. It's not like American couples are gonna go have a Japanese style wedding in America right? That would never happen. I just feel like weddings these days are more for show and all about business.

Regardless of what I have to say, the wedding was beautiful. The weather was right, the people were looking fantastic and everyone was happy. Casey and Chihiro looked awesome. I was so happy for them and sooo stoked I was able to capture a few of their "happiest moments" thus far in life. I wish them the best and all the future happiness they could ever imagine possible.

......love you two.

No comments: