Monday, April 28, 2008

April 26th, Yosakoi festival in Towada


Dance dance dance the night away! What a cool way to end an evening and watch the magnificent tradition jazz'd up dancing of Towada's Yosakoi Yume festival. This was held on the main strip in Towada City after the towns people all gathered to witness this live dance off. I was stoked to observe and take pictures. Awesome!

There was a cool vibe in the air that night and I think it was mostly because of the timing. Let's see.....Sakura in full bloom, people out in the cold (6C) celebrating spring, festival of dreams...c'mon what a win win combination. The dance off consisted of about 30 teams from all ages wearing unique traditional festival style clothing to techno stylish poppin' like MJ's thriller....it was sweet. Did I mention this was also at night? Ooooh, what a stage.... Professional photographers, news people, amateurs, hobbyists, were all there snapping away. It was extremely hard to freeze movement but I did manage to grab a couple of banger pics that I enjoyed. To my surprise, Tohoku was also there representing true Tohoku Town pride. And they rock'd the show. In my opinion, best dance of the night!
Anyways, it was a good time had by all and I was really happy that I went and watched the show. Next time all I need is a friend to drive so I can have a few beers at the food stands. Yummmmmy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude. I so would have been your designated driver!