Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Carlo's Car...

A buddy of mine, aka Carlo...but in the world of photoshop power gurus ....some know him as c-lo, asked me for a photographic favor. Since he was designing my web page of course I couldn't say no. Actually I was pretty stoked he asked me to shoot something for him. I'm always up for a challenge and took it kind of like a shooting assignment. If I recall, the conversation went sorta like this.
"Hey man, can you do me a favor?" he says.
I go, "Yah sure what up?"
"I need to take pictures of my car to send to my predecessor...can you hook it up?"
Exhaling through the nose I said, "Yah no prob, I'll be over in a few."
So the next thing we had to resolve was where to shoot the pictures. Since the weather was cloudy and on the grim side, I wanted to shoot him and his car in a good, positive, happy manner so that his predecessor would jump all over his Toyota Carina. When I got to his house, a few minutes later the last of the 3amigos showed up, Courtney. We all jumped in c-lo's ride and cruised for a bit. I asked him, "Hey, is there anything cool in your town so we can use as a nice background?"
Carlo looks at me in wonderment, "No."
I nodded my head in agreement because I knew what he was talking about. The inaka (countryside) towns of Japan are wonderful, but they're not the prettiest things around. This might be a bit ill of me but most of the inaka towns look the same......the biggest thing they have in common is the abundance of rice fields. So, I took the town's biggest asset and decided to work with it to see what I could produce....what did I came up with? Beautiful nature, lively green, food of choice....rice, mountains for days, and a pimpy ass Carina! Not my best work but was nice to have a specified assignment and people willing to go out and be photographed.
Anyways, this is how the story ends to date....c-lo's predecessor doesn't buy the car.....it looks like the lucky winner might be Courtney! Whooohoo!

No comments: