Monday, June 23, 2008

Kindergarten Visit

If you didn't know previously.... I teach at 7 elementary schools in Tohoku Town, but this year I got lucky enough to fill a few days of "Office Days" with kindergarten school visits! OMG it's so fun! The kindergarten groups the 4 and 5 year olds together and I get to have them for 30 minutes. Basically my lessons are very similar to 1st grader lessons. This consists of the basic, "My name is ____", fruits, animals, and 1-10. We practice about 10 minutes and then we get to play a game using the new English words. I don't think I've ever seen any group of kids more excited to play in my entire life!! It was a mad house!

In this video, the kids all learned animals in English and the goal was to listen and become the animal that I would say. If I said "Tiger!" then would all become little tigers. It was a madhouse! If I say "STOP!" they would all have to freeze until i said a new animal name. Check out the video and watch the classroom turn into a complete zoo! It's sooo cute!

1 comment:

Rob Pugh said...

That's adorable. I'm totally stealing that idea for my shogaksei.