Friday, November 28, 2008

what's new......?

Being away for college and living in Japan has stolen quite a chunk out of my family time away from me. It was like everyone back home just grew up all at once in a blink of an eye. Culturally speaking, there wasn't a big huge adjustment for me moving back here. Reverse cultural shock never even set foot upon my door. Life just smoothly continues without any sort of abrupt interjections. It was like ...onne night, I close my tired eyes in Japan and the next moment I wake refreshed in America.

While I haven't suffered from culture shock, there still hasn't been a day that has gone by that I'm not surprised that I have new family members. COUSINS! For the first time in my life I find myself surrounded by young cousins I never had while growing up. The only blood cousin I had was my younger cousin, Diem, who is 4 years younger than me. Now, she's on her 3rd kid! My uncle has three kids himself, Heidi 11, Helen 8, and Hannah 4. Of course, they have cousins too so I have new cousin's by marriage and basically an extended family I'm just starting to get to know.

Family is still the same.....family, but now there is just more of them. So please say hello to a few of my cousins.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your cousins are so cute! Looks like you're having a blast with them! I'm glad to hear that you're doing well, and no reverse culture shock is affecting you.