Sunday, March 30, 2008

Dec. 28th, 2007....Double Print

In the past 2 years, I just had this tiny itch to send my photos to photo contests here in Japan and to my surprise, I've had really good luck with them. Last year in the Tohoku regional worker's photo Contest, one of my photos took 2nd and I won about $300 in travel coupons. The following year, in 2007, 2 of my photos placed and I received a total of $150 in visa check coupons.

You know what? It's not about winning prizes or gifts...or any of that sort. If these contests didn't have prizes, I would still submit pictures to them (especially if they are small prints or online submission). To me, its seeing how you place among a field of photographers who all share the same passion. By submitting, you easily find if your pictures are on the same level. If you're not, you have to get out and shoot a bit more. So I just try and shoot as much as I can when I have the time. Practice practice!

No comments: